Convention 2015 in Kalamazoo, Saturday May 9
“Let’s Grow Liberty”
We have an exciting convention in the works for LPMers and guests this year, in the original home of Gibson guitars and major player in founding the modern American craft beer movement: Kalamazoo. In fact, Friday night (5/8) plans are to host a pub crawl! [For $20 you get a snazzy LPM t-shirt, august company, and transportation to downtown and back to the hotel… which is the Holiday Inn West.]
Convention speakers are:
- C. Michael Pickens—keynote: current chair of the LP of Washington, author: Libertarian Leadership: Planting the seed for a Libertarian future.
- Darryl W. Perry—banquet: award-winning author of Duopoly: How the Republicrats control the electoral process.
- Brian R. Wright—breakout: LPM Webmaster and author, will be discussing his new book, Satyagraha Liberty, as it relates to practical Libertarian strategies.
- Other guest speakers tbd
This is the ‘in between’ convention year, with officers and bylaws/platform up for reconfiguration. Please don’t miss what promises to be a fertile event… one for the books. We’re trying to keep costs down in these trying times on the threshold of ‘rEvolution.’ So come one, come all. Here is the price schedule:
- Full Package: Before 5/1: $60, After 5/1: $80
- Convention + Lunch: Before 5/1: $35, After 5/1: $50
- Convention Only: Before 5/1: $25, After 5/1: $40
- Banquet Only: Before 5/1: $30, After 5/1: $50
- Special room rate of $105.00 per night single/double occupancy available until April 21st To reserve your room call 269-375-6000 and inform the clerk that you’re with the Libertarian Party.
Proceed here to register: http://michiganlp.org/?p=3961
Friday, May 8: Pub Crawl
In downtown Kalamazoo’s vibrant restaurant and brewery district. The fee for this event will be $20 (includes an LPM newly designed custom t-shirt and transportation to Downtown Kzoo and back to the Holiday Inn West, at the end of the evening. (Drinks not included.) The t-shirt (logo at right) enables pub crawlers to get into all participating bars without a cover charge. The Pub Crawl is separate from the convention.